Monday

bushfire trees


i thought i'd take the time to write a little blog post of all the photos i took that i never got a chance to post, as well as the in-between photos that i take in daily life and let you all know what i've been up to these past couple of months. life has been a sweeping adventure so far this year. sometimes i will sit and think about everything and sometimes i will be firing the shutter, one photo after another and nothing else exists. some of these were taken with my camera and others with my iphone.

driving through the bushfire trees of autumn. roadtrips to nowhere.

hanging out with the boys from scarlet chase.

working with my talented team again for black milk clothing.

i went on a massive roadtrip long ago with the band say it forever. we were running through rivers with our clothes on, and had a watergun fight as the day was ending. after a two hour drive back home, this is half of the band curled up on my driveway.


taking photos in a park with overgrown grass of my lovely friend katie and her lover austin.

dan and i on a drive for no reason.

we dropped off friends at the airport during the week. this year my best friend moved to live in adelaide.

soft acoustic music being played at a wedding i documented with ashley.

more empty stretches of road, it's sort of calming after spending a whole day surrounded by people - to have your hair thrown around by the wind, watching the sun turn black and listen to soft music loudly.

i shot some beautiful weddings far and near; in sydney, berry, wollongong, mittagong.

i had coffee with my sister and family in wollongong. dan was driving us home and i was sleepily taking pictures in the passenger seat.

more rehearsals and staying up til 5am. dreaming of our tour around america, always driving, playing music, taking photos, meeting all of you.

dan and i going to watch live music in the city.

an editorial and lookbook i shot with a cute puppy.

last but not least i wanted to share with you some beautiful behind the scenes film photos oh deer boutique snapped at our last shoot:

 i hope you've all been wonderful. i told myself that i need to take my camera with me everywhere i go, and that's exactly what i've been trying to do. if you don't mind, i may make a few more blog posts like this - of just life and the little things that happen here and there.

also, one more thing. i've been so busy lately shooting and editing and going to meetings that i haven't had a chance to do free curve friday for a while - and i'm sorry! someone on formspring a while ago gave me a lovely suggestion though, to make a curve that looks like a fairytale, soft and pretty. so instead, for the next few weeks i will be releasing a series of fairytale curves, starting with alice in wonderland:


you can download the free curve "alice in wonderland" here. instructions on how to install your curves can be found here.

this curve works best on photos shot on an overcast day, or photos with lots of shadows. it adds a lovely purple tone like the caterpillar's smoke 'who r u...?'.

hopefully this little surprise + a few more will make up for my silence :)

29 comments:

  1. I would love to see more posts like this. I love to see how professional photographers document their life.
    Love the new curve too! :) I never manage to make curves that are as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It's so random yet personal, you take amazing pictures. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooww Julia amazing! I like these photos of the day to day <33. beautiful!! visita mi blog please :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you post!! It makes my shitty day and makes me want to take photos!! Thank you for the curves as well cause their so convenient when I have a boss breathing down my neck and I have to edit photos in 2 hours!!

    Lots of Love
    xx vacantdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the photos! There's something special about photos of the little, candid things.
    -AW

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that 2nd and last picture... beautiful!

    and thank you for all the free curves, i've tried many, but yours' are the best by far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photography and appreciate every effort you put into this blog. Would also love to see more of post like this, because they tell so much about your work - they're like a story of photographers life. And so so greateful for your absolutely amazing curves. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please, keep making more posts like this ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled upon your blog, and my goodness, these photos are beautiful, I hope I can live up to this standard some day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos! you have a lovely way of capturing the world <3
    p.s. your curves are so so lovely! thank you for sharing your magic with us!

    http://the-quiet-lion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a ton of fun, I've been craving a road trip with me and my friends but life seems to get in the way.

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this post very much, yes please do more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much everyone <3 i guess i will continue to do more blog posts like this, my life seems to be a never ending series of roadtrips sometimes, and now i have promised myself to take my camera everywhere i go!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the randomness of this post. All of the photos are beautiful, especially the film ones - gorgeous! it would be amazing if you could shoot my wedding in something like 20 years? haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. all of these photos are amazing! I wish I was as good at photography as you!

    xx Nicole
    http://hrznbl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I really like your photography! This is such a versatile post- wedding, fashion, candids, and a curve. My favourite picture is the guy playing the guitar.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to see the way you live, seems like some amazing times. :} Do some more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these pictures are so fun! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia please please have more posts like this one! I love it so much, it's like getting to take a peek into your personal life hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank for for this curves~! Your blog is so professional I am happy to be a new follower~!

    Happy blogging~!


    Olga
    http://www.myblondegal.com/
    Summer giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing pics !!!
    Have a look at my new post: http://www.thestilettoholic.com/2012/12/19/ghosts-n-stuff/

    ReplyDelete
  23. woow... so cool .. i like it ..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Invalid or Deleted File... :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ! I'm following you since quite a long time, can't count the years anymore haha i used the Alice in Wonderland curves on a shoot with a friend, just wanted to let you know and if you would like to see, the result is here: http://poesieenimage.blogspot.ca/2013/07/industrial.html

    Have a nice day ! (:

    ReplyDelete